Transferring any documents between File Assistant and PC through Wifi requires simple setup. Below are instructions for user using Windows 7, Windows XP and Mac respectively.
- Click Start button and click Computer.
- Select Map Network Drive from the toolbar.
- Select Connect a web site that you can use to store your documents and pictures.
- Click Next.
- Click Next.
- Fill in the network address. The network address can be obtained from File Assistant. Make sure the switch for Transfer Files using FTP is on in File Assistant. The format of address should be ftp://(your ip address):(your port number). For example, ftp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxxx
- Make sure the checkbox for Log on anonymous is selected. Then click Next.
- Fill in a network name. The name can be anything that can help you remember that the connection is for File Assistant. After that, click Next.
- Congratulation. You have finished all the setting. Make sure the Open this network location when I click Finish is not selected. Click Finish. Go to "Computer" again. And the link to the File Assistant is ready. Click and access it.
- The list of files inside the root directory will be shown. User can drag and drop to copy in or out. It works like Window Explorer now.
- The setting is also available in Computer for future access. It is advisable to turn off ftp access in File Assistant after used. User can set password and username for more secure access.